The TOWERS media network writes for an audience passionate about city life, real estate, and urbanist culture. Since 2016, TOWERS Dallas has published commentary and news updates on the real estate market, architecture, new development, and local urban issues.
TOWERS is currently published in Austin and Dallas. The Austin site, established in 2007, has been featured on NBC, Fox News, News 8 Austin, the Austin American-Statesman, the Austin Business Journal, and many other local media outlets.
Code of Ethics
- We always disclose when quoting press releases.
- At this time we do not accept advertiser support; however, if that changes then conflicts of interest will be noted and “advertorials” clearly labeled.
- We encourage our writers to include robust, fact-driven personal perspectives on topics they’re passionate about, even when their views may not always hem precisely to our editorial mission. Opinionated content is where we break from the traditional news media model, and we acknowledge that — but ultimately, whenever we’re expressing opinions we’re putting TOWERS.net’s reputation on the line, so we have a vested interest in getting things right.
- We do not release information with intent to harm, and generally attempt to stay within the legal considerations of fair use. We only release “privileged” or otherwise non-public information if it serves a genuine editorial purpose.
- We do not pay sources for interviews, nor allow our sources to review stories prior to publication except for the purpose of checking individual quotes.
- Anonymous sources are relied upon only when the information provided can be vetted and checked for authenticity.
- The photos we use in our stories are never edited with the intent to mislead, and significantly altered images are always labeled as illustrations with Creative Commons attributions when it’s appropriate.